Have you thought about changing banks but haven't switched yet? Why? Because it’s a hassle? Not any more! We have everything you need to make moving your checking account to Security Bank a breeze. To help you start taking advantage of the convenience and flexibility of a new account at Security Bank, we’ve put together a helpful checklist that will guide you through switching from your current account to a new account at Security Bank.
- Open a new Security Bank checking account - whichever one best meets your needs. When you open your new account, you will receive a starter kit containing a small amount of temporary checks. Write down the routing number and account number that are located on the bottom of your new Security Bank checks. The routing number for Security Bank is 104113039, and your account number is immediately to the right.
- Sign up for Internet Banking to access your accounts at Security Bank over the Internet.
- Sign up for Bill Payment. Save time and money by scheduling regular payments ahead of time so payments arrive on time - no stamps, no checks, no late fees!
- Stop using your old checking account, but keep it open until all of your checks have cleared and your direct deposits and automatic payments have been changed. Destroy your old, unused deposit slips, checks, and ATM cards. Then balance your old account. Complete the Reconciliation Form and be sure to keep it for your records.
- Authorize Security Bank as your new bank for Direct Deposits. Complete the Direct Deposit/Automatic Payment Switch Form, using the account number and routing number you wrote down in Step 1, then mail it to the company or organization that issues the direct deposit. You can also use this form anytime you want to set up a new direct deposit to your accounts at Security Bank.
- Authorize Security Bank as your new bank for automatic payments. Use this form to change any loan payments, membership dues, automatic investments, insurance payments, or any other payments that you currently pay through automatic payment from your checking account. Complete the Direct Deposit/Automatic Payment Switch Form, using the account number and routing number you wrote down in Step 1, then mail it to the company that charges your account. Depending on when you send in the form, it may take two billing cycles for the change to be processed.
- Close your old checking account. Once all in-process deposits or withdrawals and automatic payments/deposits have cleared your old checking account, complete the Account Closing Form letter and mail it to your previous financial institution. Your former bank will send you a check for any remaining balance.
All of the applications are in Adobe Acrobat® (PDF) format and require Acrobat Reader.
If you do not have Adobe installed, please click on the icon for a free download.
If you have any questions, just stop by one of our branch locations, e-mail us, or call 402.256.3247. We want to do everything we can to make your switch to Security Bank as simple and easy as possible.